The Two Blues are excited to announce the development of a community-based partnership with Western Sydney University’s sports faculty.
This partnership is initially based on the sharing of resources and providing opportunities for members of the Two Blues and WSU communities.
The Two Blues will have access to training and self-development programs and will be supporting WSU interns completing the Developing Sports Professionals Unit of their Bachelor of Business Sports Management degree with the interns undertaking various tasks around the club as part of their studies.
The Two Blues and WSU will also be looking to share rugby resources with the Two Blues looking to support WSU with their rugby programs.
Everyone is working hard behind the scenes with talk of a modified competition potentially kicking off in July. Our players and coaching teams have remained active to ensure we are ready to put our best foot forward with our squads training as individuals in isolation to the coaching teams programs.
Enjoy a bit of old school rugby and board game fun whilst we all endure self isolation at home during the Covid19 Stay at Home regulations. It’s important that we stay at home, social distance and stay safe. So to help break down some boredom particularly for the kids as they hit school holidays, we have come up with a fun rugby board game for everyone at home.
Click Here to Download the Two Blues Board Game
Two Blues Senior Grades & Colts were fortunate to get trial one underway and completed on Saturday 14th March taking on Southern Districts at Grantham Reserve Seven Hills.
On a perfect day for rugby (pouring rain) the Two Blues and Southern Districts went at it in a highly competitive day of rugby with some extremely positive signs for the Two Blues with a number of players making an impression on the coaching team.
The colts delivered an exciting display of running rugby showcasing the talent which has been nurtured through our young colts program over the last 12-24 months and the squads demonstrated enough to indicate that they should be a competitive force for opponents in 2020.
Senior grades showed some real physicality also demonstrating where the squads are heading for season 2020 as a group, opponents will not enjoy the contact areas with some big collisions and strong ball running a feature of the trial.
2020 PARRAMATTA DISTRICT RUGBY UNION FOOTBALL CLUB
ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
Due to the current pandemic of Coronavirus the AGM scheduled for Wednesday March 25th 2020, Merrylands RSL Club 6.30pm has been rescheduled to Wednesday 22nd April 2020, Merrylands RSL Club 6.30pm.
- Welcome and opening.
- Confirmation of previous minutes
- Confirmation of the Finance report.
- Election of Office Bearers for 2020.
- Appointment of auditors for 2020.
- General Business.
- Close of meeting.
- The Business affairs of the Company and the custody of it funds and property shall be managed by a Board of Directors consisting of a minimum of seven (7) and a maximum of ten (10) Directors who shall be elected from amongst the members of the Company, and in accordance with this Constitution, at the Annual General Meeting each year.
- The Board of Directors shall elect one of the Directors as President.
- At each Annual General Meeting, all Directors will retire from office. A retiring Director will be eligible for re-election.
- A candidate seeking election as a Director of the Company must lodge with the Chairman a written nomination signed by two persons eligible to vote at the Annual General Meeting and also signed by the candidate. If the prescribed number of candidates for the positions of Directors are not nominated, those so nominated will be declared elected and additional nominations for the remaining positions may, with the consent of the nominee or nominees be made at the meeting. If there are only the requisite number nominated then, the persons nominated will be deemed to have been duly elected to that office. If there are more nominations than the prescribed number of vacancies then an election will take place in accordance with this Constitution.
- The following persons only will be entitled to vote at any General Meeting of the Company and to be nominated for election as a Director:-
(i) life member of the Company;
(ii) financial Ordinary Members of the Company who have paid the annual subscription (in accordance with Rule 14(b) of this Constitution) or are deemed to have paid the annual subscription for that year;
(iii) persons deemed to be members of the Company by virtue of the provisions of this Constitution;
(iv) playing members who have paid their annual subscriptions and registration fees for the current year.
Downloads (Click Links Below to Download Forms)
AGM Agenda 2020
Board Nomination Form
The Two Blues 7s Squad ventured to the spiritual home of 7s in January to take on one of the toughest invitational tournaments in the world Fiji’s Coral Coast Sevens. A tournament that no overseas team has ever managed to conquer.
The squad handled themselves extremely well ensuring all games were close affairs against some of the very best exponents of sevens rugby. The team took part in the annual parade through Rugby Town Sigatoka to the walk of fame where annually a superstar of the game is unveiled with a plaque on the Rugby Town street with previous guests including the late Jonah Lomu, David Campese, Lote Tuquri with this years recipient of the prestigious honour Rupeni Caucau.
Game 1: Two Blues 0 – Uluinakau Babas 12
Game 2: Two Blues 19 – Ratu Filise 12
Game 3: Two Blues 15 – First Landing 21
Bowl Q/F: Two Blues 15 – Sigatoka River Safari Henibua 7
Bowl S/F: Two Blues 0 – Raiwasa Taveuni 10